Thursday, October 27, 2011

How Long Is a Minute - What You Can Do In 60 Seconds

How much gets done in 60 seconds online.

They say that nothing is faster than a New York minute, but what if we don't live in Manhattan? I think we all view a minute as a negligible amount of time. Phrases like "Wait just a minute." or "It will only take a minute." are commonplace in our language.

In fact, if someone were to see you reading this blog, rather than doing something, say looking for a new job, they might ask you if you planned to read blogs all day. (Well, if they were a jerk they could.) Of course, the most common answer would be, "I'm going to do that in a minute. Right now I have to read this really, really excellent blog post. At least that's what I'd like to assume.

The other day, I was thinking about how funny a minute is. Depending on how you look at it, it can be a very short span of time or a really long one. For example, if I said that I was going to start working in a minute or I am going to run into the store for a minute, it can be a very long period of time. But, if I were taking a test or playing Perfection, a minute isn't nearly enough time to get things correct.

I did some research and I was reminded of Murphy's Law regarding that 60 second time frame. It goes like this - The length of a minute depends on which side of the bathroom door you are on.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Still, it made me wonder - how much stuff gets accomplished everyday in just a short minute?

While I was looking for the answer, I found this great infographic about the average internet minute. I thought it was fascinating and I couldn't wait to share it with you. If you have always wondered what you can do in under 60 seconds, take a look at this:



Were you surprised by any of these facts? Which ones? Please share your thoughts in the comments.

By Melissa Kennedy- Melissa is a 9 year blog veteran and a freelance writer for HealthcareJobsiteBlog and Beyond.com.. Along with helping others find the job of their dreams, she enjoys computer geekery, raising a teenager, supporting her local library, writing about herself in the third person and working on her next novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment