Monday, August 9, 2010

Philly – top 10 local employers

Have you been wondering what is happening in your area? Who might be hiring? Well a good place to check this out is on the Philadelphia Inquirer website. The business section always provides great stories about what is happening in your region. You should check it out.
This week I looked at the top 10 local employers:


1. Comcast Corp - everyone knows who Comcast is. I did a quick search on their site and found a very large group of job postings in areas like marketing, engineering, HR, Technical, Administrative, Finance and Internet Services and Development. Interested? Check them out.


2. DuPont Co – headquartered in Wilmington DE. In my search, I only found a few local job openings for lab technicians and mechanical technologist. However, when I expanded my search area by 25 miles, I found many jobs. So, if you are willing to travel a bit – the jobs are there.


3. Campbell Soup Co. I had high hopes going into this one but, according to the website, there is only one opening currently and it is in Downingtown.


4. Tyco Electronics Ltd. – I did find a few postings listed on their site for Waynesboro. If interested, check them out.


5. Cigna Corp – Now my http://careers.cigna.com was a bit more positive here! I found positions in Admin, Finance, HR, IT, Business, Legal and Marketing. What are you waiting for?


6. AmerisourceBergen Corp – in case you didn’t know, this is a pharmaceutical services company. Although I didn’t find a listing on the company website, I did find about 15 posting on our site.


7. Lincoln National Corp - a few openings available here for sales, education/training and IT. If interested check out the jobs on their website.


8. Cephalon Inc. – another pharmaceutical company except that this one is global. A few pages of job postings on their website. The jobs range the gamut from Administrative assistant to Sr SAS programmer.


9. FMC Corp. This is a diversified chemical company with interests in agricultural, industrial and consumer markets. So, do they have any jobs you ask? Again, a few including demand planner, master scheduler, accounting position as well as managerial positions.


10. Crown Holdings In. – They are the leader in metal packaging technologies. Unfortunately there is only one open position listed on the http://crown.ats.hrsmart.com/cgi-bin/a/searchjobs_quick.cgi.


What do you have to lose by checking some of these out? Also check out the Inquirer site and see the top 100 companies in Philadelphia. I know that job searching is hard and every little bit of information can help. So take advantage and who knows? You could have a new job at a great local company.



By: Nancy Anderson, Staff Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment